Since 1999, IDAG has made global giving easier and more effective for corporations, foundations and individuals. The program has a proven track record.
IDAG facilitates grants to organizations of your choosing or can propose opportunities that meet your programmatic or geographic interests. We have been providing grants to a variety of charitable organizations, such as schools, orphanages, hospitals, community development and research centers, and a network of United Ways around the world. Grants can be used for charitable purposes in a particular country, region or field of interest and support a specific charitable organization outside the United States.
Donor advised grants can be made by cash donation, check or wire transfer and are formalized through an agreement between the donor and the United Way Worldwide.
IDAG makes international giving easy and effective. It offers:
- Tax Benefits for U.S.-based Donors: Gain a tax deduction through United Way Worldwide, a recognized 501(C)(3) public charity.
- Custom Programs: Achieve your specific philanthropic goals and receive appropriate recognition.
- Grant Expertise: Benefit from our worldwide network of nearly 1,800 United Ways and the knowledge of our multilingual, multicultural staff who provide expert insights into international grant making.
- Due Diligence: Protect your investment through our rigorous due diligence process, including specialized legal counsel, anti-terrorism vetting and attentive staff oversight of your grant.
- Issue Awareness: Identify new opportunities for global charitable giving that meet your objectives through our institutional knowledge and research.
- Flexibility: Benefit from budget management that gives you options to distribute your funds in a lump sum, in intervals, or with specific benchmarks, depending on your preference.
- Employee Engagement: Receive advice and assistance regarding employee matching programs and corporate volunteer programs.
- Alternative Vehicle: Avoid the high start-up costs of establishing your own internationally-focused foundation or non-profit.